One of the most durable and hard natural stone is famous for its peerless colors and textures. It has got these colors from its ingredients. It is composed of between 10 to 50% quartz (typically semi-transparent white) and 65 to 90% total feldspar (typically a pinkish or white hue). This mineral composition usually gives granite a red, pink, gray, or white color with dark mineral grains visible throughout its surface. Granite also has a universal reputation for being extremely hard and durable natural stone. It is formed during the cooling of molten rock under hundred kilometers of rock and sentiments. the slower the molten rock cooled, the larger it’s mineral crystals would form. Its extreme hardness with a very dense grain makes this natural stone an ideal choice for both interior and exterior design.
In recent years, granite popularity for residential material has been increased. More and more people have the tendency to bring a luxurious scene in their space. Open spaces, greenery, walkways and water blend to provide a comfortable garden look to common areas. Granite is natural for interior landscaping. As a countertop material, floor and wall covering, stairway, waterfall or planter, granite is durable and clearly a beautiful option.
Primarily, granite has been used for countertop, flooring and fireplace material. It serves as a long term investment for homeowners, simply because it is hard to blister, scratch or crack. Granite countertop is an ideal work surface as it is highly stained resistant and will not become burned or marred if hot pans are set directly on the surface. its deep colors and unique texture can offer an elusive, one-of-a-kind beauty created only by nature.
Using granite slab for countertop is most common due to the fact that it can increase strength, and reduce the risk of breakage and above all the ease of fabrication. Once the slabs are chosen, the fabricator will take care of the necessary cutting for sinkholes, corners, and any other requirements to achieve a proper fit. The fabricator also will finish the exposed countertop edge according to customer specifications.
It’s up to you whether you prefer to install your granite slab by yourself or by a professional. but it’s highly recommended that installations should be performed by experienced installers familiar with the process. Granite slab price differs from region to region. However, there are some criteria that influence its price.
- Stone’s quality and analysis:
One of the most important factors in stone quality is its physical and chemical analysis. The more its analysis is close to its standard, the better its quality would be and it directly influences its price.
- Color and pattern:
Although granite has less variety in color and pattern compare to other natural stones, its deep and prestigious colors have the highest price.
- It’s dimension:
Granite mostly used in flooring and wall cladding so its dimension and its thickness serve as a cornerstone in determining its price. And the reason lies in the fact that flooring should possess high pushing resistance, however, wall cladding should be thicker.
Furthermore, the dimension of the stone plays an important role in stone pricing. The more the dimension of stone is the more its price would be. Stone wastes which are at a cheaper price.
- Stone’s sort
Colors in granite, compare to other natural stones, has spread evenly on the granite surface. stone sortation is based on granite’s color and pattern. The ones without spots and uniformity have the highest price.
- Stone’s processing:
Stone’s processing is another important factor leading to high price. It’s cut, polish and finishes also have an influence on its price.
The geographical location of Iran has turned it to one of the world most famous natural stones. a wide variety of different natural stones from marble to travertine and granite, with non-such colors and pattern, are quarried from Iran. in terms of variety, marble quarries take the highest amount and follow by granite and travertine, with 50%, 20% an 10% respectively. Khorasan province, West Azerbaijan and Yazd province are the most famous quarries of Granite in Iran. here you can find some kind of Iran’s granite.
- Khoram dares granite: this is among the Iranian cheapest natural stones. Its color is between gray and green and it has simply unified pattern.
- Black granite: the price of this sort of granite is a little bit expensive than other sorts of it. and it has a universal reputation for having an extremely black color.
- Red granite: there are 2 sorts of red granite and the only difference is on the concentration of color. Its origin is mostly in Yazd province and it has the highest quality compared to the other world’s version.
- Green granite: it has a one-of-kind beauty and as its name implies it is indicative of lushness and freshness.
- Natanz granite: it can be found in two sorts i.e. black and gray. Both sorts have a reputation all around the world for having high quality.
- Pearl granite: it is the cheapest Iranian granite so it is mainly used in areas that being luxurious is less important.
- Nehbandan granite: its three main sorts are orange, gray and cream. Compare to other granites, it has high resistance and reputation for universal exports.
The only drown back of granite maybe its high cost but when looking precisely, it can last a lifetime so it is a kind of invest in your house.